This effort has two main goals:
1. Address the public health needs of local communities by providing support in state and local public health settings, and advancing more equitable health outcomes for underserved communities.
2. Create pathways to quality public health careers through onsite experience and training, with a focus on recruiting AmeriCorps members who reflect the communities in which they will serve.
2022 NYS Public Health AmeriCorps Programs
The Commission will administer seven Public Health AmeriCorps programs which will begin operating in the fall of 2022.
Public Health AmeriCorps programs will begin in the fall of 2022. Potential member benefits include a living allowance and other benefits such as health care and child care coverage, access to Cornell University's Public Health Essentials training, an invitation to Commission-sponsored trainings and events, and a Segal Education Award.
To apply for a Public Health AmeriCorps position, eligible individuals can submit an application using My.AmeriCorps.gov or contact programs directly.
Member Eligibility Requirements
To become an AmeriCorps member, an individual must:
1. Be at least 17 years of age.*
2. Have a high school diploma or equivalent.*
3. Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
*Some exceptions apply. See § 2522.200 for more details.
Individuals with training in public health, medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacology/pharmacy, allied health, social services, communications and information technology, logistics planning, education, and emergency health programs are encouraged to apply.